Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sewing/Crochet

Sooo since I have been unable to figure out my sewing machine, I have taken up crocheting! (At least until I figure out how to put the needle in the hole and find where the thread goes... yes I am pathetic..) I haven't crocheted since I was about 7 years old, so it was quite ackward holding a hook again.. Not to mention  could NOT remember how to start a second row of stiches.. So off to the "Yarn Diva" I go. My first problem, my hook was waaaay too small. 4.5mm will NOT work with this yarn. I needed a 6.5mm hook, so I bought a very pretty wooden one! The lady there told me they are having a crocheting for beginners class September 9th, so I am going to that, and then I found an amazing little library they have for all different techniques. Sewing, quilting, knitting, weaving, and crocheting. "Crocheting Basics" is NOT the book I recommend for new crocheters, but it does help if you can already make a slipknot and a starter chain. So now with this newfound skill, I am making a scarf! One for me, and then a mini one for Kenna.








 



























Oh and for the reccord, I kicked Eric and Brianna's (little sister) asses at bowling! =] 144! (& no I am not a "rub it in their faces" kind of winner =], okay maybe I am! I never win at anything else!)

No comments:

Post a Comment