Thursday, July 1, 2010

Learning a new life..=]

Hello everyone. I guess this is where I tell you about myself and family. I am a 19 year old Mom from Missouri. I have a 6 month old daughter named Kenna, and an amazing fiancé named Eric. Those two are my everything. I was born in Vermont and my daughter here. Eric was born in Hawaii, but is anything but! I graduated high school when last May when I was 8 weeks pregnant. About a week later we told our families. It was kind of hard to because in January (the day before my 18th birthday) I miscarried (what I believe was a little boy). They understood and were there for us, but still. And since this is MY blog and I can write whatever I want, I will explain that NO I was NOT one of the teenage girls who PLANNED on getting pregnant. I was on birth control and all that fancy stuff. I have asthma and I took my inhaler, which is a steroid. Steroids counteract birth control, & I was one who never was told anything about that. So BAM here is this beautiful bundle of scary lying in my arms at 1am December 11th, 2009.




Onto Kenna’s story. Kenna was born at 11:31pm 12/10/09. I went into labor with her at 9:13 that morning. I felt nothing different, but when I woke up I felt a pop as she kicked my bladder. I just thought I pissed my pants.. I was wrong. So off to the hospital I went.



Once I got there, everything that could go wrong, did. We lost her heartbeat many times. I tried to go without pain medication so I used a birthing ball. Then no heartbeat again. So onto the bed for me. But still, no contractions, no pain, nothing… Until the hips started to spread and I was stressing out…Then I thought I was dying.. So here came the epidural. I am terrified of needles, but man was it nice for the pain to just disappear…



So finally after 14 hours of labor my doctor came in and asked “So, are you ready to push?” & then reality hit. So after 31 minutes of pushing this tiny little thing (they planned on an 8 ½ pound baby) came out, and silence… She wasn’t breathing or crying. Eric cut her cord and off she went. It was the longest two minutes of my life, then WAAAAAA!! She had fluid in her lungs and her oxygen was low, so I never got to see her until she was about an hour and a half old.



So its July first, which means in less than 6 months and Kenna turns 1 year old.. Its kind of exciting, yet oddly terrifying. She is crawling, laughing, and has two teeth! Where did my tiny little 6.6 pound baby girl go? Some days are easier than others though..



Well that’s all for tonight..

No comments:

Post a Comment